Algebra Touch for Mac is a simple app for those that want to improve their mathematical skills. It originated on iOS and uses the same finger gestures to work which means that it will only work on OS X 10.7 Lion and above.
The nice thing about Algebra Touch is that it brings a bit of interactive fun to algebra. For example, if have an equation such as "x + 3 = 5" you can drag the numbers around in an attempt to find a solution. You can click to simplify complex equations and draw lines to eliminate identical terms.
Algebra Touch features both lessons to help you improve your algebra and randomly generated equations for you to solve. If you're really a maths whizz, you can create your own sets of equations in the equation editor. If you have the iOS version of Algebra Touch, you can sync them with iCloud so you can access them from anywhere.
Algebra Touch covers many different types of algebra including Simplification, Like Terms, Commutativity, Order of Operations, Factorization, Prime Numbers, Substitution and many more.
If you're looking for a way to make algebra on your Mac more entertaining, Algebra Touch may be the solution for you.
- Brand new equation editor with iCloud. (syncs with the OSX version of this app coming soon)
- Simply type your problems in and they will appear across all of your devices.
- Expressions are now more reactive to your touch.
- Dynamic resizing, equations try to fill out their space.
- Updated UI with retina graphics for The New iPad.
- Undo/Restart functionality (per user requests)
- Bug fixes.
- Added language support for Russian, Danish, Czech.